Ways to Find Funding for Handicap Accessible Vehicle in the Pacific Northwest

Posted On: 08/08/2019

There are several more perks to living in the Pacific Northwest than just a great cup of coffee. From localities that celebrate Native American heritage to vibrant cities and massive wild landscapes, the Pacific Northwest earns endless accolades from those lucky enough to live there. The Dungeness Crab, Aplets & Cotlets, professional sports teams, the flourishing restaurant scene, Molly Moon’s ice cream, quality education and the Festivals are only a few of the highlights.


With a population of over 15 million people and growing, it’s no surprise that there are a large number of people living there with disabilities, and suffer from financial struggles due to their situation. One of our goals here at BLVD is to help find what moves you and we have put together a comprehensive list of funding opportunities for a handicap accessible vehicle or wheelchair van in the Pacific Northwest.

Disclaimer: This information is intended to assist you in your purchase or financing of a wheelchair van, and is in no way an offer or advertisement for a free wheelchair van.


Grants, Financial Aid and Resources for Handicap Vans in Idaho (ID)

Ability Mission
Apply For Idaho Disability Grants And Benefits With Free Help


DisAbility Rights Idaho
DisAbility Rights Idaho is one of Idaho’s oldest and most effective human rights organizations. Founded in 1977, for our first 30 years we were known by the acronym Co-Ad for Comprehensive Advocacy.

Contact Information:

Boise Office:
4477 Emerald Street, Suite B-100
Boise, Idaho 83706-2066
Phone: 208-336-5353
Fax: 208-336-5396
Toll Free: 800-632-5125

Pocatello Office:
1246 Yellowstone Avenue, Suite A-3
Pocatello, Idaho 83201-4374
Phone: 208-232-0922
Fax: 208-232-0938
Toll Free: 866-309-1589
Website: http://www.disabilityrightsidaho.org/


Idaho Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)

If you need help achieving mobility and independence due to problems associated with aging or
a disability, AAA of Idaho is standing by to provide benefits and assistance. Contact a certified mobility consultant for more information.

341 W. Washington

Boise, ID 83702

(208) 334-3833 or (877) 471-2777




Idaho Assistive Technology Project (ATP)

ATP is a federally funded initiative to help disabled state residents acquire assistive technology to improve their lives. It is administered by the University of Idaho’s Center on Disabilities and Human Development. Ask for advice for securing financial aid for your handicap van or accessibility modifications and equipment.

University of Idaho

Center on Disabilities and Human Development

121 West Sweet Ave.

Moscow, ID 83843

(800) 432-8324




Idaho Council on Developmental Disabilities (CDD)
CDD in Idaho serves state residents who have a condition meeting Federal guidelines for a developmental disability, as well as their families. It offers grant money for financial assistance to some individuals. The council is a great resource to make contact with.

700 W. State Street, 1st Floor

Boise, ID 83702-5868

(208) 334-2178 or (800) 544-2433




Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)

Idaho State’s DVR helps disabled residents enter the workforce to earn a living and lead a more engaged life. It offers training, job placement services and more. It may also give you financial aid so you can acquire a wheelchair van that will get you to and from your place of employment.

650 W. State St. Room 150

Boise, ID 83702

(208) 334-3390




Idaho Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

Idaho’s SILC defines its mission as promoting the philosophy of independent living, choice, self-determination and access for all disabled Idahoans. The council participates in public policy creation, operates Centers for Independent Living around the state and offers other forms of support to the disabled community. Ask a certified mobility consultant for recommendations about where to apply for disability grants.

816 West Bannock Street, Ste. 202

P.O. Box 83720

Boise, ID 83720-9601

(208) 334-3800 or (800) 487-4866




Northwest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Center

The Northwest ADA Center, funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, is one of ten nationwide ADA Centers. As a disabled resident of Idaho, this is your chapter. It advocates for the rights, independence, equality, and high standards of living for persons with disabilities in the Northwest. Find useful guidance pertaining to disability grants for a wheelchair van through the center.

Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation

University of Washington

6912 220th St S.W., Suite 105

Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

(425) 248-2480 or (800) 949-4232



State of Idaho Division of Veterans Services (DVS)

If you’re a disabled veteran living in Idaho, the DVS is your liaison to the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the State and Federal governments and additional veterans organizations. It can help you secure a disability grant for a handicapped-accessible vehicle if your mobility limitations are a direct result of military service or VA care.

351 Collins Road

Boise, ID 83702

(208) 577-2310



Grants, Financial Aid and Resources for Handicap Vans in Oregon (OR)


Ability Mission
Apply For Oregon Disability Grants And Benefits With Free Help


Blanche Fischer Foundation (BFF)

BFF is a nonprofit charitable foundation that awards grants directly to eligible Oregon residents with physical disabilities. It was founded in 1981 from a trust set up by its namesake.

1511 SW Sunset Blvd., Suite 1

Portland, OR 97239

(503) 246-4941




The Institute on Development and Disability

This group participates in research, outreach and other support and services to aid the in-state disabled population. People in Oregon with limited mobility should check with the Institute for disability grant sources to apply toward a handicapped-accessible vehicle.

707 SW Gaines St.

Portland, OR 97239

(503) 494-8364




Mobility Unlimited

This nonprofit organization is dedicated to helping Oregonians with impaired mobility increase their independence and achieve their goals. It was founded in 2001, and is a potential source of financial aid for your handicap van or vehicle conversions.

1214 Stowe Ave.

Medford, OR 97501

(541) 618-9468 or (877) 576-1467



Northwest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Center

The Northwest ADA Center is your source for all manner of services and assistance as a disabled resident of Oregon. This is your branch of the National Network of ADA Centers.

Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation

University of Washington

6912 220th St S.W., Suite 105

Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

(800) 949-4232



Oregon Aging and Disabilities Resource Centers (ADRCs)

Oregon’s ADRCs are known as “one-stop shops” for information and support for the state’s elderly and disabled. This reputation comes about from the comprehensive and current nature of their assistance. Get help through your local office.

(855) 673-2372




Oregon Association of Area Agencies on Aging and Disabilities (O4AD)

O4AD is a major advocate and service provider for senior citizens and persons with disabilities in Oregon. It oversees offices located all around the state.

P.O. Box 12189

3410 Cherry Ave NE

Salem OR 97309

(503) 463-8692




Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities (CDD)

Anyone in the state meeting the federally established guidelines for persons with developmental disabilities is eligible for assistance through the Oregon CDD. It provides grant money and lots of other forms of support.

540 24th Place NE

Salem, OR 97301-4517

(503) 945-9941 or (800) 292-4154




Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA)

Oregon State’s VA strives to help US veterans and their families build better lives. They offer a variety of benefits. These include disability grants to veterans who lost mobility in the line of military duty or while receiving care from the VA. Such grants can be applied toward our wheelchair van.

Salem Office:

700 Summer St NE

Salem, OR 97301-1285

Portland Office:

100 SW Main St Ste 200

Portland, OR 97204-2822

(503) 373-2000 or (800) 828-8801 or benefit claims (800) 692-9666



Oregon Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (OVRS)

Oregon’s OVRS exists in part to further disabled individual’s ability to work. It offers numerous services and offers all types of assistance. If you require a handicap van or accessibility equipment or modifications to look for and hold down a job, you may be eligible for a disability grant from this agency.

OVRS Administration Unit

Department of Human Services

500 Summer St. NE E-87

Salem, OR 97301

(503) 945-5880 or (877) 277-0513




Oregon Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)

The SILC works to ensure Oregonians with disabilities have input into their state’s policies and independent living centers. It doesn’t award grants to individuals, but it can direct you toward other sources that do.

500 Summer Street NE E87

Salem, OR 97301-1063

(503) 945-6204




Oregon Technology Access Program (OTAP)

OTAP works with the families of disabled children in Oregon to help them acquire and use the assistive technology that benefits them. It provides education and information, equipment training and other support. It can also point you toward funding opportunities for a wheelchair van for your child.

1871 NE Stephens

Roseburg, OR 97470

(541) 440-4791



Oregon’s Statewide Assistive Technology Program

Established in 1990, this is an Oregon’s chapter of a national network of assistive technology programs. It’s dedicated to increasing access to assistive technologies for disabled residents of Oregon. It offers training, device loans for testing prior to purchase, training, financial assistance and more.

Administrative Offices and Computer Lab

3070 Lancaster Drive NE

Salem, OR 97305

(503) 361-1201 or (800) 677-7512




Ways to Work

Ways to Work is a national program of Alliance for Children and Families that helps qualified working parents who are unable to get funds elsewhere receive loans to purchase a wheelchair vehicle.


Grants, Financial Aid and Resources for Handicap Vans in Washington (WA)


Ability Mission

Apply For Washington Disability Grants And Benefits With Free Help


Disability Rights Washington

Disability Rights Washington creates a work plan from the priorities of people with disabilities. Become involved in the priority-setting process, to assure DRW respectfully advances the disability civil and human rights movement.

Contact Information:

Disability Rights Washington

315 – 5th Avenue South, Suite 850

Seattle, WA 98104

Phone: 206-324-1521

TTY: 206-957-0728

Fax: 206-957-0729

Website: http://www.disabilityrightswa.org


Northwest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Center

Funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, the Northwest ADA Center is part of the National Network of ADA Centers; this is your branch as a Washingtonian. It advocates for and otherwise promotes the rights, equality, independence and quality of life for persons with disabilities in the Northwest.



Center for Continuing Education in Rehabilitation

University of Washington

6912 220th St S.W., Suite 105

Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

(425) 248-2480 or (800) 949-4232


Washington Access Fund

A non-profit organization that promotes access to technology and employment for persons with disabilities. They offer loan services, including assistive-technology loans, telework loans and micro-loans. 


Washington Aging and Disabilities Resource Centers (ADRCs)

Washington’s ARDCs provide comprehensive services and the most up-to-date information for senior citizens and persons with disabilities residing in the state. Centers are scattered around the state, serving particular counties, offering professional-quality assistance in your search for wheelchair van disability grants.

US Mail:

PO Box 45600

Olympia, WA 98504-5600

Physical Address/Fed Ex/UPS:

4450 10th Avenue SE

Blake West

Lacey, WA 98503




Washington Assistive Technology Act Program (WATAP)

WATAP shares its assistive technology expertise and resources with Washington’s disabled population. If you need help learning about (or how to use) assistive technology, if you want to try out equipment before purchasing it, if you need help finding funding for your wheelchair van or if you need other assistive technology support, get in touch.

(800) 214-8731



Washington Association of Area Agencies on Aging (W4A)

W4A runs 13 statewide Area Agencies on Aging that serve the elderly in Washington. Your local branch can assist you in securing financial aid for your handicapped-friendly transportation.

2404 Heritage Ct SW

Olympia, WA 98502

(360) 485-9761




Washington State Developmental Disabilities Council (DDC)

You can receive disability grants applicable toward a wheelchair van or handicap van accessories and modifications from your state’s DDC. It serves all residents who have a condition that fits the federal guidelines of a developmental disability.

P.O. Box 48314

Olympia, WA 98504-8314

(360) 586-3560 or (800) 634-4473



Washington Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)

The DVR of Washington operates under the auspices of the state’s Department of Social and Health Services. It has locations all around the state dedicated to helping people with disabilities lead more self-determinant, rewarding lives by obtaining and keeping jobs. Disability grants are available for a handicap van or handicapped accessibility conversions if they are necessary for finding and maintaining employment.

4565 7th Avenue SE

Lacey, WA 98503

(360) 725-3636 or toll free (800) 637-5627



Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

The VA in Washington serves resident veterans of the US military. It strives to provide full services and support in recognition of service, dedications and sacrifice. Did you or a family member acquire a mobility-limiting disability during active duty or during VA-sponsored care? Did a pre-existing problem become worse under these circumstances? If so, you are probably qualified to receive a disability grant for a wheelchair van, along with other assistance.

P.O. Box 41150

Olympia, WA 98504

(360) 725-2200 or (800) 562-0132




Washington State Independent Living Council (WASILC)

WASILC works to promote the principles of independent living on behalf of the disabled residents of Washington. It doesn’t make financial contributions to individuals, but it is an important resource for information as you seek to increase your mobility and self-determination.

P.O. Box 45343

Olympia, WA 98504

(800) 624-4105















Author Information

Katie Cummings
Mobility Blogger

My professional background stems from non-profit marketing and fundraising for a large children’s cancer hospital. Every day I was able to make connections and relationships for kids and their families going through devastating times. From securing small donations to large corporate support, it was all about providing hope that one day doctors and researchers would find a cure. It was truly an honor to be a part of something so important.

Just this past year, I came to work alongside my family for BLVD.com, a website dedicated to offering the latest information and resources for people needing mobility products. This was a dream come true for me as I have always wanted to combine more time with my family while still helping others. Our family has been in the mobility industry for over 35 years with the goal of enhancing the quality of life for people with mobility issues. This is the spirit behind BLVD and what I am most excited about sharing in my blog.

I love meeting new people and have found that volunteering is the best way to learn more about others and myself. Coffee keeps me going as do walks my pup "Kirby" and most of all being with family and friends. I invite you to check out my blog to learn more about how "together we can move through life better!"

About Location Services

Setting your location allows BLVD.com to display local results for wheelchair vans, mobility products, dealers, stores and much more. The default location you are seeing may have been pulled via your IP Address which typically is only accurate within about 30 miles.

Enter ZIP For Desired Location

Cancel Do not update